Skip to content

RMS User Suggestions

RMS User Suggestions enables RMS customers to add new feature suggestions they would find of benefit as well as vote on suggestions made by other customers.

All feedback is actively monitored by RMS Product Development with the highest voted suggestions reviewed for inclusion in a future development cycle.

The more votes a suggestion receives by customers the sooner it goes for consideration into a future development cycle.

For assistance with using RMS visit the RMS Help Centre or go to Help > Service Requests in RMS and log a new Service Request.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

244 results found

1. Emailing long term accounts

Hi it would be great if we could email out long term guests accounts instead of having to print and post them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Data window on left

Data Window

It would be good if the the Data Window on left hand side of the bookings sheet was bigger when you scroll over the apartments down the side. I can only see a few words about the Apartment Attributes. As some of my apartments have different bed configurations and people ask me where the air conditioner is located. It would be good to have this information in there for easy access.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow for options other than the "i" icon when showing unavailable options online

Currently, the "i" icon is shown where the "BOOK" icon would normally be if that option was available. It would be fantastic to be able to use something other than the "i" icon, which leads folks to believe they just need to read more to book, when in fact, the option is not available. Perhaps you could add a "NOT AVAILABLE" or "FULLY BOOKED" icon, or allow us to customize it to suit our needs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. when emailing receipts at the moment it just says "Regards, business name".

It would be great if we could personalise this first touch point, to make our business stand out from all the other Junk mail, rather than what is clearly a computer generated email

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion on a way we can improve RMS 9+.

We are pleased to advise that the ability to customise the email body sent to your customers with a Tax Invoice, Receipt or Statement is currently available in RMS 9+.

For setup instructions, please see our Knowledge Base article:

http://help.rmscloud.com/accounting-options$Print%20Options

We appreciate your valuable feedback and look forward to introducing exciting new features from our user suggestions in the coming months.

5. Security Deposit

Previously in RMS cloud when taking a deposit the system would ask if it was a security deposit & you could confirm this. RMS 9 does not and when doing our daily GL entries it just shows as accommodation/site fees & does not differentiate that it is a deposit for accounting purposes. Could this please be looked at.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Software Updates at night

RMS always updates mid afternoon, which is the busiest time for us. It seems like we always have 5 people in the office checking in when RMS wants to update. Most times it is not a problem, but last time we could not take payments until it had restarted and downloaded the new version.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Update nightly rates automatically every night at a set time

Update nightly rates automatically
    I would love it if we could update nightly rates at the same time set every night automatically.
    At the moment I have to set an alarm on my phone every night at 7.30 to remind me to do them. If I am not home and I am out I quite often then forget to do them.
    Or even if I could do them from my smart phone as I always carry that on me.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Highlight the site when on the date on booking chart

Can the GRID show that the date your on is the correct site by highlighting the SITE?? (It highlights the SITE when you click the site? but not when you click the date??) I sent a Jing video to hopefully clearify this better? Thank You....http://screencast.com/t/3fyBmBkqg

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Cancellation Reason Pop Up Box

Can the Business Lost area be expanded to a Pop Up Box that if made mandatory when a staff member cancels a reservation that a box appears making them select a reason "Why" the guest cancels rather than them having to remember to fill in the business lost section within the reservation

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Warning when a Token has Expired

When a credit card expires, the token should automatically delete itself or, at least, change color so we know we need to get a new number.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In RMS 9+, Credit Card Tokens button will appear in Green when a valid token exists or in red text if the Credit Card has expired.

For more information on PCI Compliance and CC Tokens see https://help.rmscloud.com/pci-compliance-payment-gateways

We appreciate your valuable feedback and look forward to introducing exciting new features from our user suggestions in the coming months.

Regards,

RMS Product Development

11. Be able to print a registration card for all guests, not just the primary guest.

This is a MUST at this property. In RMS 8, it would print a registration card for each guest, not just the primary guest. We ask all guests to sign in over the weekend, so having to manually print each registration card is very time consuming.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Bulk Registration Card Utility in RMS 9+ provides the option to print a Registration Card for each occupant on a reservation or only the primary guest.

For more information on the Bulk Registration Card Utility see https://help.rmscloud.com/bulk-registration-card

Regards,

RMS Product Development

12. Triggered Correspondence needs an additional sort of Rate Type

Currently, Triggered Correspondence allows for choosing Room Types that the form letter will go out to but we also really need to be able to choose Rate Types so that the letter will not go out to rate types such as personal guests, comped hotel guests, trade, etc. (guests that stay for free).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion on a way we can improve RMS.

The ability to setup Triggered Correspondence to specific Categories, Rate Types, Companies, Travel Agents and Booking Sources is currently available in RMS 9+.

Please see below Knowledge Base article for more information.

https://help.rmscloud.com/triggered-correspondence-setup

We encourage you to vote on any other suggestions you would find of benefit or add any new suggestions you may have for improving RMS.

Regards,

RMS Product Development

13. Add C-Trip to online channels

C Trip is China's largest & fastest growing travel website worldwide & has potential for greater tourist visitors.
    Also, this channel is already offered by siteminder

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The ability to direct connect to Ctrip via the RMS Channel Manager is currently available in RMS 9+.

For more information on connecting to Ctrip see https://help.rmscloud.com/ctrip

Regards,

RMS Product Development

14. Triggered Correspondence at Save/Exit for hand entered reservations

Need the ability to add another action for triggered correspondence. "Time of Action Res - Save/Exit" The reason for this is because there are instances where i need to override the base rate or work in the account screen before I would like the correspondence to be sent. However, RMS requires you save the reservation to access the account details portion of the reservation screen. The Action of saving is "Time of Res- Reservation Made" causing an inaccurate/ in complete correspondence to be sent. I cannot use the time of action of "Res - Confirmed" because I have yet to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Settings to be based on rate type not only catergory

Aspects such as triggered correspondence, GST inclusion etc are all based on the catergory. It would be good to have the option to base these on the rate type instead as we have lots of different rates for different guests (but all the same room categories) and we would like to set them up differently and provide them with different informaiton.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Being able to combine multiple reports in a custom user Report

Having to only build, save to pdf and email 1 report instead of 6 at the end of the day would be a huge time saver.
    This could be saved with a custom name under a row in reports titled 'user'

Another suggestion i have seen is to be able to email reports straight from the Report section.

these 2 things combined would significantly improve the workflow of reporting.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RMS 9+ currently provides the ability to setup Scheduled Reports which can be emailed to an individual user or group of users as required. By setting up your daily reports on a schedule you can save yourself the manual task of building each individual report and emailing where they need to go.

For more information on Scheduled Reports see https://help.rmscloud.com/scheduled-reports

Regards,

RMS Product Development

17. User logs out automatically after non use after so many minutes

In our prior system, the user logged out automatically after so many minutes of non use for security purposes. With a very busy office and mutiple users on limited number of workstations, this feature may sure the actual user logged in was the person creating the reservation or making changes. If not employees are making changes to reservations in our employee's names.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RMS 9+ includes the ability to setup automatic logout for users after a specified period of time as part of the Advance User Password options.

For more information see https://help.rmscloud.com/advanced-user-passwords

Regards,

RMS Product Development

18. Highlight Fri-Sat on booking chart for Caravan/RV parks

The booking chart highlights Sat-Sun in light blue by default. It would be helpful to RV parks (and others) if Friday and Saturday were highlighted instead.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Booking Chart in RMS 9+ currently shades a different colour for the first day of the month and every Saturday & Sunday.

For more information on the Booking Chart in RMS 9+ see https://help.rmscloud.com/booking-chart

Regards,

RMS Product Development

19. In/Out printed Reports

I print out the 3 reports each day, the Current In House, the Expected Departures and the Expected Arrivals.

Generally the ability to select which columns are printed on the reports would be very helpful.

At the moment they are predetermined and unchangeable and half the columns are not relevant to my usage of the reports.

For example I would like the ETA column to print on my Expected Arrival report.

I am sure other users would also have different requirements as well

Also the print order of the reports is fixed by arrival date.

From my perspective I would…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently available on the In/Out screen print options in RMS 9+ is the ability to customise the column display and sort order, then select to print the first 6 columns. This includes increasing the column width up to the limitations of the page.

For more information see https://help.rmscloud.com/in-out-screen

Regards,

RMS Product Development

20. RMS Sundries to be fielded by 'most frequently used'

We use the Commissions paid field to record our commission from WOTIF, this is a secondary box. We would like to suggest RMS sundries can be set by most frequently used. This would speed up the processing time of the WOTIF payments and commission for the office. Thanks Tessa (Alex Beach Cabins and Tourist Park)

RMS - Joyce report as an enhancement

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base